Информационный портал
pocket versionPOCKET  wikiWIKI  FAQFAQ  ПоискПоиск  ПользователиПользователи  ГруппыГруппы  РегистрацияРегистрация  ПрофильПрофиль  Войти и проверить личные сообщенияВойти и проверить личные сообщения  ВходВход

There are visitors that doesn't speak russian, so ENGLISH
На страницу 1, 2  След.

Найти сообщения без ответов
Начать новую тему   Эта тема закрыта, вы не можете писать ответы и редактировать сообщения.    Список форумов www.fictionbook.org -> Книги
Предыдущая тема :: Следующая тема  
Автор Сообщение

RA Salvatore in English
Гость

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Окт 30, 2005 20:31    Заголовок сообщения: There are visitors that doesn't speak russian, so ENGLISH Ответить с цитатой

There are so many good books on this site. Shame that the most of them are in russian. I'd like to ask the owner's of the site to make it possible for the English users to enjoy in this site fully. In the othe words, GIVE US THE ENGLISH TITLES!!! Personally, I'd be thrilled to see Salvatore's books(Exile, Crystal shard, etc.).

Stranger
Модератор

Модератор

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Окт 30, 2005 21:11    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

RA Salvatore in English писал(а):
Shame that the most of them are in russian.

Obviously, courtesy and modesty ain't your virtues, are they? The site is russian, most of the users (if not all) are russians thus most of the books are in russian. It's natural, isn't it? If you want some book all you need to do is to ask politely and maybe somebody will do you a favour and upload a book you needed.
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение

Гость

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Окт 30, 2005 23:00    Заголовок сообщения: Re: There are visitors that doesn't speak russian, so ENGLIS Ответить с цитатой

Hi.

My name is Stanislav and I DO speak russian. I am from former Czechoslovakia and I had to learn russian at school. Unfortunately I can't read russian books comfortably. Perhaps it is due to the fact that I HAD to learn russian language, so I have kind of mental block towards azbuka. I used to speak quite fluent russian and during my 3 week long visit to the Soviet Union in 1986 some people didn't believe I was foreigner. I one case I had to show my passport to prove it.

I am comming to this wonderful site for your english books. I think there are quite a few visitors interested exclusively in english books. The reason is very, very simple. This is the best site for books. Only a fraction of the books here are in english. Yet you have so many books, that even that small fraction of english books is bigger than any other collection I have ever seen.

I was trying to download english books from your ftp server ftp://fictionbook.ru/, but your english and russian books are all mixed in the same directories. I didn't want to stress your server and download all the books, so I had to browse all categories on your server namually to find english books.

Could you please diferentiate english books from russian ones?
Like add .en. to the name of the book, or to the name of the directory.

Thank you for your wonderful work.
Stanislav.

Гость

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Окт 30, 2005 23:35    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I agree with Stanislav, this is a wonderful site. Then I have to apologize about my rudeness, but I really didn't said that there should be no russian books. I only thought that every book should have it's english and russian texts.

GribUser
Автор формата FB2 - Автор библиотеки FB

Автор формата FB2 - Автор библиотеки FB

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Окт 30, 2005 23:46    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

There are no persons you can address with "I'd like to ask the owner's of the site to make it possible for the English users to enjoy in this site fully" sentence. All books on this site are uploaded by users like you via this page. So now I'll return your question back:
"I'd like to ask the visitors of the site to make it possible for the English users to enjoy in this site fully". This is a bit tricky thing, but once you understand the idea, everything will go smooth. Ask here for assistance if you want to spend your time on it.
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Отправить e-mail Посетить сайт автора

Георгий
Зрелый участник форума

Зрелый участник форума

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Окт 31, 2005 1:59    Заголовок сообщения: Re: There are visitors that doesn't speak russian, so ENGLIS Ответить с цитатой

Цитата:
Perhaps it is due to the fact that I HAD to learn russian language, so I have kind of mental block towards azbuka.

Come on, Stanislav.

Didn't you beat us in football a couple of weeks ago? Should I put on my mental block towards your language (sorry, if you are not from Slovakia).
Anyway, neither we nor our language are responsible for all the shits of the past. Shocked

OK, let's talk serious matters.

Цитата:
Could you please diferentiate english books from russian ones?

Sorry, Stanislav, as an user, I can't see your problem (I have nothing to do with the site and I'm a complete jerk in IT).

A minute ago, I tried to find if there were any books by Dan Brown avalaible here for download in English.

I've just used the Latin alphabet, entered into "B" (Latin B, obisviously), looked for Dan Brown (in Latin fonts), entered and saw a number of his novels in English. The next step, I entered the "novel" and saw the comlete text of it in English. So I can't understand what is your concern... Can't you see the author's list in Latin fonts?

Цитата:
I only thought that every book should have it's english and russian texts.

Hm, Salvatore...
In this case every book should be translated into Russian or English respectively. As this is not a case, I can hardly see how it would be possible. But, you forget about another serious hundicap. Hint: (C). 50 years after the death, etc.

I've found this site looking for an English text. Just imagine what would become of the site if there would be thousands of books in English and millions could find it through an engine and so on. Or, yes, it's a public library, the owners do not charge fees, the purpose is educational, so they CAN do it (I'm familiar with the US and Canada's corresponding laws, trust me), but a good lawyer could make their life impossible. That's why a Russian site has the best collection of English texts, as one of you, guys, states, IMHO.

Regards.

http://www.grandquebec.com - tout sur le Québec, en français.
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Посетить сайт автора

Bailo
Координатор проекта «Испр@влено»

Координатор проекта «Испр@влено»

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Окт 31, 2005 14:11    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Георгий писал(а):
50 years after the death

60 years as a matter of fact in accordance with international conventions.

Stranger
Модератор

Модератор

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Окт 31, 2005 16:03    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

GribUser
[off]Неплохо было бы сделать в библиотеке ссылку на форум для инглиш-спикеров.[/off]

Георгий
Зрелый участник форума

Зрелый участник форума

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Окт 31, 2005 16:59    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Bailo писал(а):
Георгий писал(а):
50 years after the death

60 years as a matter of fact in accordance with international conventions.

I´talking about federal laws in the US and Canada (50 years in both cases for the author rights, with complicated details, though). But frankly speaking, I can say nothing about international regulations and how they influence local legislation. I´m a librarian, not a lawyer.

Regards.

http://www.grandquebec.com - tout sur le Québec, en français.
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Посетить сайт автора

Stranger
Модератор

Модератор

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Окт 31, 2005 20:56    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Guest писал(а):
Then I have to apologize about my rudeness, but I really didn't said that there should be no russian books.

It's ok. Maybe I misunderstood you, sorry.
You'll find a couple of Salvatore's books here Wink

Гость

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Ноя 01, 2005 13:36    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you very much. I have Icewind Dale book 1 in pdf format, so if you need it i'll send it. If you have some other books add them also, please.

Stranger
Модератор

Модератор

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Ноя 01, 2005 19:01    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Guest писал(а):
Thank you very much.

You're welcome, take your pleasure.
Guest писал(а):
I have Icewind Dale book 1 in pdf format, so if you need it i'll send it.

No need for this, thanks.
Guest писал(а):
If you have some other books add them also, please.

I'll upload few books in couple of days.

Гость

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Ноя 04, 2005 15:15    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

C'mon, Stranger, I'm waiting!!!

Stranger
Модератор

Модератор

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Ноя 04, 2005 15:26    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Guest писал(а):

Have you read the "Forgotten Realms: Dark Elf" already? Read it while I'm making other books.

LX
Главный экзекутор

Главный экзекутор

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Ноя 04, 2005 16:25    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

2Stranger:

Гость писал(а):

угу, и впрямь настырные
Начать новую тему   Эта тема закрыта, вы не можете писать ответы и редактировать сообщения.    Список форумов www.fictionbook.org -> Книги Часовой пояс: GMT + 3
На страницу 1, 2  След.
Страница 1 из 2

Перейти: