Информационный портал
pocket versionPOCKET  wikiWIKI  FAQFAQ  ПоискПоиск  ПользователиПользователи  ГруппыГруппы  РегистрацияРегистрация  ПрофильПрофиль  Войти и проверить личные сообщенияВойти и проверить личные сообщения  ВходВход

The MobileRead FBReader forum

Найти сообщения без ответов
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов www.fictionbook.org -> FictionBook Format
Предыдущая тема :: Следующая тема  
Автор Сообщение

rsperberg
Новенький участник форума

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Янв 22, 2006 2:07    Заголовок сообщения: The MobileRead FBReader forum Ответить с цитатой

I want to point to an English language site on e-books, Mobileread.com, where there is an FBReader forum.

You can find it at http://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=96

I have posted there, and have pointed to this site in the forum.

The FBReader runs on the Nokia 770 Internet Tablet, the Sharp Zaurus and Linux desktops. The home page is only.mawhrin.net/fbreader/ Mikhail Sobolev is responsible for these versions, and Nikolay Pultsin is the author of FBReader. It is, by the way, a fantastic reader, and you can find a number of items on it at Internet Tablet Users blog (internettablettalk.con/blog/) and Teleread (teleread.org/blog/). The FBReader home page links to several pages with screen captures of the program.

-- Roger

This is my first post here, but I hope to be active -- especially if I can get help with my problems/confusions.
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение

Admin
Администратор информационного портала FB

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Янв 23, 2006 9:19    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

rsperberg писал(а):
This is my first post here, but I hope to be active -- especially if I can get help with my problems/confusions.

You can always have us. FictionBook some years develop and is used by some libraries (www.fictionbook.ru , www.aldebaran.ru). We are ready to share experience.
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Отправить e-mail

Stranger
Модератор

Модератор

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Янв 23, 2006 9:33    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Admin писал(а):
www.aldebaran.ru

The correct link is http://lib.aldebaran.ru/. But there are titles in Russian mainly and very few in English.

rsperberg

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Янв 23, 2006 17:51    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Admin писал(а):
You can always have us. FictionBook some years develop and is used by some libraries (www.fictionbook.ru , www.aldebaran.ru). We are ready to share experience.
Thank you.

I will definitely call upon your experience -- in different threads for easier identification, of course.

FBReader is really a terrific e-reader. I was surprised to find no mention of it on this site. But then it is strictly a Linux program (at least for now -- it is open source) and it's only because I have a new Linux handheld (the Nokia 770) that I even encountered it. Otherwise I know only the Windows e-readers.

Is the Haali reader still being developed? The last previous version seems to have come out more than 2 years ago.

And for English-language readers (the human kind), I should also mention Athenaeum ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/athenaeum ), which I do see mentioned on this site but not in the software links. So if a new visitor didn't know about it already (I found it in a Google search), he or she wouldn't find it here.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is that there is a solid body of tools and e-readers for FictionBook. This wasn't immediately apparent to me (and so putting it here in English I hope will help those English speakers who will come next).

Are there any e-readers on the Palm platform that read FB2 format? I have been asked this question and didn't know of any.

Thanks,

Roger

Admin

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Янв 24, 2006 9:10    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

rsperberg писал(а):
FBReader is really a terrific e-reader. I was surprised to find no mention of it on this site. But then it is strictly a Linux program (at least for now -- it is open source) and it's only because I have a new Linux handheld (the Nokia 770) that I even encountered it. Otherwise I know only the Windows e-readers.

The information about FBReader is on new site. The temp address is http://alexstmp.vsi.ru/index.php/Eng:Readers.I hope, that these clauses shortly will be completely translated into English language.
rsperberg писал(а):
Is the Haali reader still being developed? The last previous version seems to have come out more than 2 years ago.

No. But now program Alreader actively develops. Which has all chances to supersede Haali for platform PDA.
rsperberg писал(а):
And for English-language readers (the human kind), I should also mention Athenaeum ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/athenaeum ), which I do see mentioned on this site but not in the software links. So if a new visitor didn't know about it already (I found it in a Google search), he or she wouldn't find it here.

Once more, see new site.
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Отправить e-mail

rsperberg

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Янв 24, 2006 23:28    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

The new site does look interesting. I don't know any Russian, but I would be happy to look over any content and edit it for readability in English if you wish.

At this site, there is a reference to FictionBook 2.1 -- have there been changes or is this in progress?

I have several suggestions and requests for the next version of FictionBook as a format. What's the best way to raise issues about the format?

For instance, it would nice if an FB2 file could include a short name that the e-reader could use in its header or title bar. Here's a picture that -- by virtue of a too-long name -- illustrates what I mean:

If there is a formal structure for evaluating proposed changes to the format (as there is, for instance, with the OEBF publication structure, and as there is not for OpenReader), I would be interested to learn about it. And if it's simply a matter of making a lot of racket to get my ideas heard, I can do that too. Very Happy

Roger
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов www.fictionbook.org -> FictionBook Format Часовой пояс: GMT + 3
Страница 1 из 1

Перейти: